South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As the scale and complexity of South Pole grows every day, we need dynamic, proactive, analytical thinkers to join our expanding Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team. This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a team responsible for producing robust data-driven insight and contributing to the strategic direction of the business. This role will support the FP&A Manager and the wider FP&A team with month-end management accounting, general financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, revenue & cost modelling, scenario analysis and other ad hoc projects. The role will work closely with various departments across the business on a regular basis.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Running and maintaining the FP&A models used to produce, consolidate and analyse month-end data from various systems
- Supporting the FP&A manager in implementing improvements to these models, proactively coming up with ideas and solutions
- Supporting global accounting team in month-end activities and working closely with the finance business partners in the team to provide performance-related insight to the business
- Under the supervision of the FP&A manager, preparing month-end management reports and ad hoc analysis to enable the team to business partner with our 3 divisions and central functions leads
- Supporting the modelling and consolidation of quarterly forecasts, annual medium-term plan and budget
- Supporting the implementation of a new planning tool
- Part-qualified accountant (CIMA/ACA/ACCA) or equivalent
- Ability to work with complex data sets in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- A self-starter with the ability to take initiative and work autonomously, as well as part of a team
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, under pressure and to tight deadlines, prioritising tasks and managing expectations
- Relevant work experience
- Ideally a background in a commercial finance or financial planning
- Desire to work for a company that is committed to fighting climate change and tries to embed sustainability principles in its daily operation
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.