South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Reporting directly to the Finance Director and with a Tax Accountant reporting to you, the Head of Tax will have complete ownership of this growing business's Tax affairs. More specifically this will include:
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for tax governance including tax policy and strategy; managing and developing the tax function in line with business needs
- Management of the Group's International tax affairs, ensuring compliance with all direct and indirect taxes, including sales tax, employment tax and duties
- Manage and execute tax structuring, reporting and compliance
- Providing advice and support to the business on all tax matters, including expansion in terms of geography and/or business lines and/or funds
- Identifying opportunities (e.g. R&D, Patent Box), ensuring tax attribute preservation / utilisation, and maximising tax efficiency in the value chain
- Managing tax risks and processes, including advising on the impact of changes in legislation, and maintaining the tax risk register
- Managing relationships with Tax Authorities globally, including coordination of tax enquiries
- Ensuring accurate and effective compliance and reporting processes are maintained and ensuring all Transfer Pricing OECD requirements are complied with in each jurisdiction
- Tax reporting including delivery of robust support for tax attributes, coordination of audit and engagement with audit committee
- Ensure all tracking of all tax related post-closing conditions
- Coordinating and managing relationships with advisors globally
- South Pole is looking for a qualified Tax professional with minimum of 3 years experience in a Head of Tax position either currently in practice or from industry
- You will have strong International Tax experience and be able to turn your hand to other areas such as VAT and Transfer pricing
- You will posses a commercial mindset and be able to liaise well with senior stakeholders and board level colleagues
- Additional languages of advantage
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.