South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
To grow our EMEA legal commercial team, we are looking for you, an enthusiastic Senior Contracts Specialist to ensure consistent drafting and negotiation of our contracts, showing pragmatic judgements on contract terms and being agile both in contract drafting or redlining and during counterpart facing negotiations. In this broad and challenging role you are working as part of the global legal & compliance department, for the EMEA region and you will be instrumental to further develop our negotiation acumen from a business partner’s perspective and to give feedback to improve our contractual practice.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Review a variety of contracts (service agreements, subcontracts, sale and purchase agreements) based on our defined standards
- Perform risk assessments of proposed contractual terms and conditions, and develop recommendations to minimise the potential risk for the company, while smoothing and adding value to the business activities
- Identify and highlight relevant contractual risks and deviations from the corporate position for the management to make decision
- Negotiate contracts with clients and further stakeholders
- Identify and highlight the need to review standard contractual positions or to develop new alternate positions for your area of responsibility
- Train and provide guidance to business personnel on contracting policies and procedures
- Potential other related tasks to meet business needs
- A Master’s degree in Law
- A minimum of 5 years of previous experience as a contracts specialist or a related position
- Excellent written and oral command in English and German
- Ability to multitask, prioritise and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work on own initiative while following the process in place in the department and in the wider company
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Good judgement in balancing business and commercial needs and potential risks/exposures with counterparty requirements
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Additional language skills of advantage
- Relevant industry or product specific experience of advantage
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.