South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Reporting to the Global Head of Accounting, the Head of Finance - Europe will have complete ownership of the operational and statutory accounting function activities of the most significant region of the Group being Europe. More specifically this will include:
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage key stakeholders and be the go-to person with regard to all European finance function related matters
- Manage the implementation of accounting and taxation policies and procedures across all European entities and ensure they are in alignment with Group policies
- Prepare and submit the monthly European financial reporting packs and management accounts for the local entities and European Group, accurately and in line with Group deadlines
- Assist with the European Group Reporting with preparation/ review of annual budget and group strategy forecasts (5 year plans)
- Prepare and submit year end European Group reporting pack to South Pole Group Consolidation team accurately and on time, in line with IFRS
- Prepare/ review annual financial statements and reports for all companies in Europe and on a consolidated basis where required
- Full management and control of local external accounting service providers and subsidiary accounting teams where applicable
- Assist and manage the opening of new offices, bank accounts and establishment of local accounting teams/ appointment of external accounting service providers whilst actively participating in the post-acquisition/ merger on boarding and integration of the finance teams
- Ensure full local taxation compliance of the European region with the reviewing of mandatory local direct and indirect tax returns together with the Head of Taxation
- In coordination with Global Tax team assist with transfer pricing policy and procedures together with the review and ensure submission of local files in line with taxation requirements locally
- Key contact for European entities internal and external auditors locally on subsidiary level
- Registered ACA, ACCA or a Chartered Accountant
- Strong knowledge of IFR
- Good direct and indirect taxation background
- Coaching, management and leadership skills
- Hands-on attitude
- Proactivity, accuracy and strong commitment to meet deadlines
- Prior consolidation experience in a multinational environment is a plus
- Several years experience in the same role
- Excellent command of English (spoken and written), Spanish or French and added advantage
- Able to travel within Europe to the various offices.
- Professional proficiency in German and/or Spanish is of advantage
- Knowledge of Agile Development
- BI & Data analytics skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.