South Pole is an energetic, global company that accelerates the world to a climate-smart society. It does this through emission reduction projects around the world and helping clients set and achieve ambitious climate targets. The Corporate Services Operations Specialist will aim to help South Pole scale efficiently and sustainably so the company can scale-up this climate action. This is done by introducing change via projects, and maintaining and improving processes/operations.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities to design, deliver and implement 1-2 change projects in parallel e.g. Net Zero strategy implementation, reviewing innovation process for new climate innovation
- Maintain, update and improve internal tools, processes and templates. Significant processes include:
- Onboarding new staff
- Knowledge management e.g. collecting and controlling important knowledge to curate better innovation inside and between corporate service teams
- Supporting colleagues with ad-hoc questions and simple tasks
- Liaise with colleagues and senior managers during projects and processes
- A university degree, ideally a Bachelor of Science but Bachelor of Arts considered
- Relevant work experience relating to the main responsibilities
- Experience with MS Office Suite, Google Suite, IT platforms and technologies
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach to meet deadlines
- Strong organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise
- Excellent personal relationships, enjoy working with and supporting others
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Experience with one or more of the below are not necessary but will make any application stand out:
- Data analysis
- Knowledge management
- Process mapping and operations management
- Project management, including e.g. familiarity with APM/PRINCE 2 frameworks
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.