South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Operations Manager is to support the Consultancy team within the Climate Solutions business line with operational matters to ensure it can work in the most effective way. In this role, you will be accountable for providing operational and administrative support to our team in Europe in order to guarantee maximum efficiency and enable our growth. This includes a broad variety of responsibilities such as defining and implementing operational processes, improving and developing new tools, compiling reports and data, controlling assigned projects, approving contracts and invoices, overseeing quality controls, coordinating recruitment efforts, assessing performance, supporting learning, development and onboarding activities.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Contribute to recruiting processes
- Facilitate and control proposal preparation and project implementation, including project budgets
- Coordinate troubleshooting efforts in case of client complaints
- Continuously analyse and improve processes and tools of the implementation team
- Support the development of new operating procedures and new tools
- Prepare team reports that show KPIs and milestones achieved
- Treat, sort and compile data to facilitate KPI analysis
- Coordinate staff training and development
- Participate in the onboarding process of our new consultants, through training on tools and processes
- Support the development and update of training programs based on ongoing experience, process metrics and feedback from employees
- A university degree
- Extensive work experience within the relevant field
- Experience with highly-detailed tasks
- Experience and taste for administrative tasks
- Experience in working in small teams
- Ability to identify gaps and design/enhance processes, tools and guidance to address them
- Advanced controlling and organisation skills to ensure proper use of processes and tools
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach
- Strong organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise
- Excellent personal relationships, enjoy working with and supporting others
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Excellent oral and written command of English
- Line management experience
- Experience working in an international and multicultural context
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.