South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Operations Manager is to support the Consultancy Climate Solutions team in Europe with all operational matters, to enable the region’s continued growth and to ensure that the team can work in the most effective way. In this role, you will be accountable for providing operational and administrative support to our Consultancy team in Europe, as well as to the regional leadership. This includes a broad variety of responsibilities such as defining operational processes, improving and developing new tools, compiling reports and data, controlling projects, approving and supporting the negotiation of contracts and invoices, supporting recruitment, being a sparring partner to the line managers for performance appraisals, supporting learning and development and leading onboarding activities.
We are flexible in regards to the location across Europe
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Work with regional consulting leads to staff consulting projects in Europe.
- Facilitate preparation of proposals and implementation of projects, for example by controlling budgets and trouble-shooting internal and external processes.
- Support the negotiation of and approve client contracts and invoices, in collaboration with the Sales, Contracts and Accounting teams.
- Assist in managing and continuously improving our systems, processes and tools.
- Assist regional recruiting activities, in collaboration with global HR and recruitment teams and their regional representatives.
- Be a sparring partner for line managers for individual performance appraisals and professional development of team members.
- Coordinate staff training and the onboarding of new team members.
- Support the development and implementation of knowledge management and decision-making platforms to facilitate steering of a growing regional team.
- Prepare reports compiling business results (KPIs).
- Run business analyses as needed and be a sparring partner for the Climate Solutions European leadership team.
- A university degree.
- At least 7 years of work experience.
- Experience with recruitment and with learning and development activities.
- Ability to identify gaps and design/enhance processes and tools to address them.
- Advanced controlling and organisation skills to ensure proper use of processes and tools.
- Strong organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise.
- Taste for highly-detailed and hands-on tasks.
- A proactive, diligent and independent approach.
- Experience working with senior leadership.
- Experience working in and leading small teams.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills, enjoy working with and supporting others.
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment. Comfortable dealing with uncertainty in a rapidly evolving environment.
- Excellent oral and written command of English.
- Line management experience
- Experience working in an international and multicultural context
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.