South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
The newly established Innovation Team supports all South Pole business lines to select, test and develop ideas, and scale through funding and partnerships. The Innovation team explores themes and questions within the context of R&D/Innovation that may not be ready for the markets but that have large potential to turn climate action into long-term business opportunities, provide climate change solutions, and reduce carbon emission.
As a Researcher/Innovation Intern, you will support our Innovation Director and our Research/Innovation Analyst in strategic research that will identify and evaluate business opportunities and support the execution of innovative ideas. Responsibilities will include supporting on desk research and analysis across a range of topics related to climate change mitigation and adaptation. You will mainly conduct independent research tasks but may also collaborate with colleagues on a number of projects and initiatives across South Pole.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support with analysing existing literature, summarize data and draft reports and presentations
- Support strategic research that will identify and evaluate business opportunities for South Pole and support the execution of innovative ideas
- Contribute to data collection, literature reviews, research and analysis, drafting and presentation of findings
- Contribute to identify and validate business opportunities for the Innovation Team and South Pole on the basis of your research
- Currently enrolled in an M.SC in Environmental Science or related disciplines (ideally this internship is part of your curriculum study)
- Knowledge and interest in environmental and sustainability topics
- Good understanding of research methods and some experience with desk research
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoys conducting desk research and reviewing literature, with the desire to constantly deepen these skills
- Advanced analytic skills and ability to process technical reports and large amounts of information
- Strong in creative and visual reporting with the ability to translate complex information into a compelling story
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment, with evolving research and business development priorities
- Able to combine individual work with an active role in brainstorm sessions
- Excellent oral and written skills in English
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Experience working in innovation and/or R&D context at University
- Proficiency in other languages such as German, French or Spanish is a plus
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.