South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Sourcing team works hand in hand with project owners and developers, active in the carbon markets and renewable energy space, to identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects. By acquiring new projects within our portfolio, we ensure that South Pole always has the right mix of carbon credits available to meet the demands of our clients. If you’re an ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, this position may be right for you!
As part of the Global Sourcing team within the Climate Projects business line, the Sourcing Manager, Sustainable Technologies will focus on renewable energy and sustainable technology emission reduction project leads and opportunities in the South Asian and Middle East regions. Reporting to the Global Practice Lead for Sustainable Technologies, in this role, you will support business development and project sourcing related activities within the designated region – primarily related to renewable energy, energy efficiency and household projects, along with plastic waste reduction and recycling projects. Other emission reduction projects might include methane avoidance, the industrial sector, N2O and the transport sector. This position will strongly focus on South Asia (Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka) but will also attend leads from the Middle Eastern region.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Environmental market products such as Renewable Energy Certificates and plastic reductions credits.
Ensure that sourcing flows and processes (including documentation and interaction with other teams) are in line with the company guidelines.
Manage and maintain our internal CRM system for project sourcing, ensuring that information regarding project leads and opportunities are well recorded and updated.
Support coordination and collaboration with other teams within South Pole globally, in regards to project leads and opportunities.
Source new project leads and opportunities for the Asia region aligned to Sourcing strategies and mandates.
Draft contracts and commercial proposals.
Conduct research relevant to new project leads, project developers, project owners, relevant regulatory regimes/policies in the South Asia region.
Collect data from Project Owners or other third parties for due diligence, financing plans and budgets, technical, financial, and legal documentation.
When relevant, attend meetings/seminars/workshops/events that are strategic for sourcing team activities.
- University degree in Engineering, Economics, Environmental Sustainability, Business Development, Environmental/Carbon Markets or similar.
- Relevant commercial experience, preferably in a business development or an origination role in carbon markets and other environmental assets
- Strong experience and network in more than one country in the South Asia region
- Strong track record in generating new business opportunities and closing deals in a portfolio worth millions of dollars
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and team members
- Good commercial terms understanding and ideally experience with commercial negotiations
- Knowledge of legal and contract management aspects
- Existing networks in sustainable technology fields such as Renewable Energy, Energy Efficiency, household devices, and/or plastics
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset, willingness to take initiative
- Comfortable working with an international and multicultural team
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Salesforce and MS Office
- Excellent written and oral command of English
- National, or holder of a valid required work visa in the host country
- Experience in project screening and budgeting/financing
- Knowledge of project development in the South Asia region and specifically of renewable energy, household and plastics projects
- Knowledge of carbon credits, standards, project development
- Adaptability and versatility
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.