South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Analyst is to support the implementation of international, regional and local projects, the preparation of proposals and the development of new products for the corporate sector. This involves a variety of tasks, such as research, information analysis and writing deliverables and proposals on corporate climate strategies. You will mainly contribute to supporting project teams with medium-sized and large mandates but will also be expected to manage small projects yourself occasionally.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Assist with proposal/deliverable preparation and completion for the corporate sector on corporate climate strategies, including both technical and administrative requirements, to the quality level required by South Pole and the client, for our international, regional and local clients
- Occasionally manage small projects yourself, coordinating with the client and taking care of technical and administrative requirements
- Ensure that assigned tasks/projects are delivered on time and within the available budget
- Manage project information and knowledge according to our project management best practices
- Support with the development and improvement of specialised skills, tools and knowledge linked to the topics and services offered by South Pole
- Support business development through desktop research and developing materials to be shared with possible clients and partners
- Topics of engagement may include: GHG accounting and disclosure, climate change mitigation, Science Based Targets (SBTs), risk assessment and TCFD, materiality assessment, energy efficiency, Life Cycle Analysis (LCA), Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), renewable energy strategy, etc.
- University degree, ideally in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines
- Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies
- Relevant work experience in sustainability consulting or related fields, including: specific consultancy experience for corporate clients in the following areas: GHG accounting in line with best practice methodologies; LCA / Scope 3 emissions accounting; target setting (SBTs); disclosure (e.g. CDP, TCFD); benchmarking / materiality assessment
- Ability to conduct research tasks and analyse and summarise data
- Ability to manage small projects in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
- Good writing skills, with the ability to contribute to high-quality written documents (proposals and deliverables)
- Good communication and collaboration skills with clients, team members and other relevant stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and German
- Practical experience in sustainability/climate change strategy development; energy efficiency / GHG management; climate change scenario analysis and risk and opportunity assessment (for either/both of physical and transition risks and in line with TCFD); and stakeholder engagement and change management
- A Master’s degree will be an advantage
- Analytical skills and mindset
- Good working knowledge of all Google Suite applications and MS Word
- Diligent, reliable and proactive
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.