South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this challenging position you will be coordinating with multiple South Pole offices located all over the world as a key member of the global accounting team. You are based in our office in London and will be in constant contact with Headquarters in Zurich, Switzerland.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Preparing and executing tasks within the group monthly financial close process (including review of local reports, control and validation of reports, data analysis, and reconciliation and elimination of intercompany transactions)
- Ensure local offices are compliant with group accounting policies
- Maintaining proper reconciliation and integrity of all G/L accounts
- Participating in and/or contributing to projects and initiatives, including IFRS projects and the further development of strong processes/systems
- Additional responsibilities as identified
- ACA / ACCA part-qualified
- Relevant experience in diverse international accounting and finance
- IFRS / group accounting experience is a plus
- High-energy, flexible and responsive work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Good communication skills, and fluent in English
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Very good conceptual and process design skills
- Used to work closely in a diverse team, but also independently, able to liaise effectively with stakeholders within the organisation
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.