South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this role, as part of our Procurement and Trading team, you will be responsible for overseeing and developing business for the sales of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). The client focus will be other wholesalers, retailers and intermediaries next to procuring Guarantees of Origin and other global RECs. You will also take responsibility for research and analysis of new opportunities in environmental markets in different countries around the world. In addition, you will participate in events and forums to create new business opportunities and, in coordination with our emission reduction projects and marketing teams, you will draft proposals that meet clients’ needs.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Originate, structure and close new sales deals in carbon credits and RECs with retailers, intermediaries and wholesale companies
- Develop and maintain a network of suppliers in various environmental commodities
- Work closely with suppliers to obtain the best projects at competitive prices and to identify and develop customised solutions for clients
- Draft proposals for carbon credits and RECs and coordinate the offering process in terms of content and timeline
- Follow a structured approach to introduce the services the company offers to potential clients and re-sellers
- Client and project acquisition, including attendance to exhibitions and other corporate events
- Work closely with various teams to research potential new opportunities in environmental markets around the globe
- Provide information about products, projects, and processes to clients and staff, to support sales and marketing activities
- Understand client needs, gather market intelligence and identify industry trends
- Relevant education in Economics, Business Finance or relevant experience
- Analytical mindset and commercial sense
- Understanding market dynamics
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to exert positive influence in a matrixed organisation, be a strong collaborator and communicator
- Demonstrate initiative, adaptability and problem-solving skills in a dynamic environment
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset, willingness to take the initiative
- Relevant experience in environmental markets or other commodities
- A network in environmental commodities
- German is preferred
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.