South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Senior Operations Manager is to support the Climate Policy & Finance, Carbon Markets (CPFCM) Advisory unit with all operational matters to ensure it can work in the most effective way. You will work in a diverse and international unit engaged directly with business line directors and team leads across the globe. Reporting to the Head of Operations for Climate Projects, you will be given ownership of specific operational topics and support transformational business projects enabling more efficient and scalable processes.
You will be accountable for providing operational and administrative support to strengthen our CPFCM team enabling them to deliver international consultancy assignments and conduct business development to achieve future growth.
This role includes a broad variety of responsibilities such as defining and implementing operational processes, improving and developing new tools, compiling reports and data, controlling assigned projects and approving contracts and invoices, overseeing quality controls, coordinating recruitment efforts, assessing performance, supporting learning and development and leading onboarding activities. This is a fast paced role that requires cross company collaboration, multi-tasking and prioritisation.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the development of new operating procedures and new tools
- Continuously analyse and improve processes and tools, with a focus on processes and tools needed for philanthropies and public sector clients
- Support the recruiting processes
- Oversee quality processes for proposals and deliverables
- Facilitate and control proposal preparation and project implementation, including project budgets
- Coordinate troubleshooting efforts
- Treat, sort and compile data to facilitate KPI analysis
- Prepare team reports that show KPIs and milestones achieved
- Coordinate staff training and development
- Improve systems management to enable more efficient project opportunity development
- Participate in the onboarding process of new consultants, through training on tools and processes
- Support the development and update of training programs based on ongoing experience, process metrics and feedback from employees
- A university degree
- Relevant work experience in operations and administration
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues with minimal oversight
- Ability to identify gaps, optimise and design processes, tools and guidance to address them
- Ability to undertake project management for strategic or operational business projects.
- Experience with recruitment
- Experience with highly detailed and complex tasks
- Experience of proactively and independently managing a high volume workload to a consistently high standard, by setting priorities, objectives and target dates.
- Excellent organisational skills: ability to multitask, focus and prioritise
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills. Enjoys working in a collaborative environment
- Process-oriented, with a taste for efficiency increase
- Experience in navigating decisions and/or execution through multiple parties in major, matrixed organizations
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Line management experience
- Excellent oral and written command of English
- Experience with public sector and/or investments
- Experience working in an international and multicultural context
- Experience in learning and development
- Advanced skills with the use of the MS Office Suite, Google Drive, IT platforms and technologies
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.