South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Reporting to the Head of Global Rewards, the Global Benefits Specialist is responsible for providing specialist advice and guidance when it comes to the global benefits approach. To achieve this, you will work closely with HR Business Partners to better understand our key business drivers, challenges, and growth ambitions, and to deliver world-class benefits solutions that support the achievement of strategic company goals. You will also work closely with the Compensation Analyst to set the best-in-class Employee Value Proposition that attracts, engages, and retains the best talents. You will collaborate closely with the extended HR team to design and deliver innovative global HR solutions, in line with the overall People & Culture strategy.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
Support and advise the Head of Global Rewards on the global benefit design and strategy.
- Create visibility on South Pole’s country benefits programs, policies, guidelines, procedures and make recommendations on the global approach.
Monitor the effectiveness of various benefits programs, policies, guidelines, procedures and recommend enhancements which are consistent with best practice trends and business objectives.
- Conduct benefits benchmarking and manage survey selection and on time completion to support competitive analysis of benefits programs within the industry.
Manage all benefits administration and compliance for all countries including but not limited to reporting to payroll, providers and brokers, managing joiners and leavers enrolment and terminations, managing POs and invoices, leading benefit audits.
Creator and owner of benefits induction programs.
Project manage benefits renewal processes including all open enrolments. Look for new cost-efficient opportunities to improve our benefits offering.
- Drive evaluation of country-specific benefit requirements in order to effectively create proposals for employment strategy.
Create all communication materials connected to benefits campaigns, awareness activities or platforms, as well as organise benefits related events. Manage South Pole’s health and wellbeing activities.
Measure and report the effectiveness of our benefits programs, propose new benefits where appropriate, and calculate the cost-benefit.
- University degree in a relevant field of study
- Progressive experience in HR, of which proven track extensive experience in managing global benefits administration
- Knowledge of core HR processes, with relevant experience in compensation and benefits and understanding the learning and development, talent management, employee engagement agendas
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills
- Highly accurate working standards and strong attention to details. Intermediate excel (vlookup, pivot tables, sumif) and analytical skills
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to understand the specific needs of our internal clients
- Proactive, action-oriented and solution driven approach, able to identify challenges or gaps and anticipate solutions before problems arise
- Innovative and resourceful mindset, who is able to challenge the status quo, bring new ideas and make creative suggestions
- Sound knowledge of Regulatory and Legislative imperatives related to benefits programs (FLSA, ERISA, 401k etc.), on the global scale
- Knowledge of several HRIS platforms and their benefits related modules
- Ability to present in front of others and explain changes in benefits offering
- Proficient English oral and written mandatory
Experience in working with flexible benefits platforms and implementing them
- Experience in business scale-up in a rapidly growing and fast-paced international environment
- Experience in or passion for environmental issues and understanding of sustainability, CSR and related topics
- Experience in or passion for recognition programs
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.