South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
At South Pole, we want to ensure that our penguins have a great employee experience, of which their time in the office environment plays a critical role. Together with your team, you will ensure all our offices support us in building an inclusive culture where our employees enjoy spending time together. This role is part of the Global Operations team and dotted line manages a team of 10 employees.
- You would be responsible for the development and implementation of the company’s vision, strategy and tactical operations plan related to global office and facilities management and vendor contract management
- Oversee our current office operations as well as finding new office locations in close cooperation with Office Directors
- Create a great workplace where our employees feel inspired, engaged and comfortable to working in
- Adapt to the best employee experience in the hybrid-work model
- Bring to life the concept of a ‘global office’ in line with the company strategy to better harmonize physical spaces with new ways of working, which may include employee off site locations or other new concepts
Processes and procedures:
- Be accountable for the implementation of standard processes, tools, metrics and procedures to ensure continuous performance improvement in operational service delivery (e.g. facility maintenance and repair, space planning and utilization), quality, efficiency, cost savings and customer satisfaction
Sustainability & Procurement:
- Collaborate with Internal Sustainability Lead to implement our sustainability action plan
- Ensure new vendor onboarding is done per South Pole’s standards and compliance procedures. Review current contracts and re-negotiate wherever is appropriate
- You would be an inspirational leader and people manager for your team: coaching, developing and motivating to be their best-selves, setting goals and managing performance by providing ongoing feedback. The team you would manage is located in different places around the globe; ensure there is a strong connection with them, as well as the team alignment on the approach to the office management
- University degree or professional education in office management
- We need someone who has extensive experience in office management which includes opening international offices around the globe
- Safety and health of our penguins is priority for South Pole, so our office management practices should ensure this is achieved at all times.
- Prior experience in establishing safety-related procedures is required
- The ideal candidate will have excellent stakeholder and project management skills, and is comfortable operating in a fast paced environment
- We care about our penguins, so we are looking for someone who is passionate about developing a team
- It is critical to have experience in managing third party suppliers and outsourced service providers
- Excellent communications skills in English is a must, as well as any other European language (ideally French, German or Spanish)
- We appreciate a positive approach, being open minded and a can-do attitude; new ideas are always welcome
Desirable profile requirements
- Experience working within a dynamic growing organisation where ambiguity is the norm
- Experience managing teams virtually will be highly appreciated
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.