Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole is a fast growing complex multinational organisation, and a business which is helping to solve climate change, one of the largest problems the world faces today. As such we are growing fast with revenue doubling every 12-18 months as we support an increasing number of clients in their ambition to reach net zero.
South Pole migrated to IFRS in December 2020 as we welcomed external investors on board and took the decision to move to an internationally recognised set of accounting standards. This role will be internal subject matter expert on IFRS and the main point of coordination with the auditors. We are also in the process of delivering an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme to support scalable growth and enable process automation across the business, and we are looking to deliver a full ERP transformation by December 2022 close.
We are looking for a head of Global Accounting, preferably ACA or ACCA qualified, with a good grounding in IFRS reporting in a multi currency environment. This role will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Global Accounting teams across South Pole and ensuring timely and accurate reporting. The successful candidate will also be responsible for financial controls, as well as local compliance through the coordination of statutory filings through the management of our external accounting relationships. We are also migrating to a new cloud based ERP system so this role will be responsible for aligning processes across the main regional hubs and implementing best practice globally as the new ERP is rolled out.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of accountants organised into regional hubs and ensure they report South Pole’s results in a timely, consistent and accurate way.
- Oversee the creation and implementation of accounting policies and processes, and the improvement of the existing ones. In particular ensure that best practice is aligned internationally and implemented as the new ERP system is rolled out.
- Supervise the delivery of the month/year end financial reporting closure on a global level, according to internal and external audits and further develop these processes.
- Ensure that we are fully compliant with IFRS and that we maintain a robust set of financial controls. Support the audit planning process and work with the auditors to ensure we have a robust audit plan in place.
- Responsible for developing and improving new accounting procedures. Develop relevant key performance indicators to drive improvements.
- Assist in the selection of a short term consolidation tool identifying requirements in partnership with the finance leads and Head of Digital Transformation, selecting SaaS provider of tool for immediate implementation.
- Qualified accountant (preferably ACA or ACCA) with technical and detail oriented mindset. Previous experience in reporting in a complex multi currency IFRS based company would be required.
- Experience of managing a large team over multiple locations would be essential
- Proactive mindset: keen to identify process improvements and help colleagues to action them to ensure successful implementation
Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both to listen to colleagues to identify key risks, requirements and bottlenecks, and to communicate with internal stakeholders
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.