Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole is a fast growing complex multinational organisation, and a business which is helping to solve climate change, one of the largest problems the world faces today. As such we are growing fast with revenue doubling every 12-18 months as we support an increasing number of clients in their ambition to reach net zero.
South Pole migrated to IFRS in December 2020 as we welcomed external investors on board and took the decision to move to an internationally recognised set of accounting standards. This role will be internal subject matter expert on IFRS and the main point of coordination with the Swiss auditors. We are also in the process of delivering an ambitious Digital Transformation Programme to support scalable growth and enable process automation across the business, and we are looking to deliver a full ERP transformation by December 2023 close.
We are looking for a Head of Accounting, with a professional qualification, with a excellent grounding in local Swiss GAAP/ IFRS reporting in a multi currency environment. This role will be responsible for managing and coordinating the Switzerland based Accounting teams and ensuring timely and accurate reporting. The successful candidate will also be responsible for financial controls, as well as local compliance by coordinating all statutory filings. We are also migrating to a new cloud based ERP system so this role will be responsible for aligning processes across the accounting teams as the new ERP is rolled out.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead and manage a team of accountants of the head office and main operational hug of South Pole and ensure they report South Pole’s results in a timely, consistent and accurate way.
- Management of the inventory, accounts payable and accounts receivable accounting teams to ensure effective control of working capital.
- Oversee the implementation of Group accounting policies and processes. In particular ensure that best practice is aligned and implemented as the new ERP system is rolled out.
- Supervise the delivery of the month end management accounts, quarterly board reports and year end reporting packs and annual financial statements.
- Ensure effective cashflow planning and cash flow forecasts are in place
- Support the audit planning process and work with the auditors to ensure we have a robust audit plan in place. Coordinate and manage all internal and external audits.
- Ensure that the accounting entries are fully compliant with IFRS and that the accounting team maintain a robust set of financial controls.
- Responsible for assisting with the developing and improving new accounting procedures on Group level.
- Assist with the development of relevant key performance indicators to drive improvements and report them accurately and on time to Group.
- Assist in the selection of a Group consolidation tool identifying requirements in partnership with the finance leads and Head of Digital Transformation, selecting SaaS provider of tool for implementation.
- Review and submit the taxation (direct, indirect and transfer pricing) computations and manage any tax queries that may arise from transactions together with the Global Head of Taxation.
- Ensuring intercompany agreements are in place and comply with OECD standards internationally.
- Fluent in German and English
- Qualified accountant (preferably BSc in Finance and Accounting or professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA) with technical and detail oriented mindset. Previous experience in reporting in a complex multi currency IFRS based company would be required.
- Full understanding of Swiss GAAP
- Experience of managing a large team over multiple locations would be essential
- Proactive mindset: keen to identify process improvements and help colleagues to action them to ensure successful implementation Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both to listen to colleagues to identify key risks, requirements and bottlenecks, and to communicate with internal stakeholders
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.