South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Digital & Data Science team helps our clients and South Pole design and execute the most ambitious and scalable climate impact initiatives whilst reducing the administrative effort to zero. Our unique track record of running projects across the globe and delivering verified, high quality carbon credits provides us with valuable data we can leverage to identify new, high impact initiatives. We help companies on a day-to-day basis to drive their carbon neutral strategies with their customers, suppliers and their employees through analytics and sustainability software solutions. If you have the skills, ambition and drive to use the best of digital and AI to protect ecosystems, restore forests, drive sustainable agriculture, and enable climate zero journeys across the globe then please apply or register your interest now!
As part of the Innovation team, you will drive ongoing development, improvement and integration of artificial intelligence into our digital Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) processes and other software services. With strict requirements for the accuracy and scalability of our models, you will support the design AI pipelines for effective integration and deployment of the latest remote sensing technologies and models to scale digital MRV for global nature based solutions.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support the building, deployment and maintenance of models for remote sensing based analysis of forestry and regenerative agriculture projects
- Help implement a scalable architecture for the testing and deployment of our models
- Support the continuous improvement of accuracy and transparency of our models to achieve improved acceptance by clients and standard bodies
- Support development of our digital innovations from proof-of-concepts to scalable software
- Pursue sustainable AI by optimising the training and deployment of AI for energy efficiency
- Analyse and explain AI and machine learning (ML) solutions while setting and maintaining high ethical standards.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or any other relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of work experience applying AI to practical and comprehensive technology solutions and Geographic Information System (GIS) and remote sensing
- Proven experience in Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Python, databases
- Knowledge about algorithms, object-oriented and functional design principles, and best practice patterns
- Ability to create written documents (proposals and deliverables) in English and Spanish. Additional languages are a plus
- Good communication skills, especially in Spanish and English.
- Experience with Cloud environments
- Strong project management and organisational skills, including prioritising and working efficiently and effectively under deadlines
- Ability to work independently with initiative, and strong capacity to work in an intercultural team
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.