South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
South Pole is looking for a Senior Portfolio Manager for our Climate Action Credits practice, acting as a Regional Lead in Europe / America to support and drive business development for the sales of carbon credits for the voluntary market. You will be accountable for the successful development and overall management of proposals for Climate Action Credits. In addition, you will lead the work in coordination with Procurement, Project Development, and Marketing teams to draft proposals for Business Development and Key Account Managers to meet the Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) needs of South Pole’s leads and clients.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Partner closely with other functions, in particular, the global Market Access team as well as the Business Development team and the Global Sourcing team, to optimise the management of existing deals and the structuring of new ones
- Provide supervision and guidance on international and/or regional proposals, as well as lead the design and drafting of written proposals for the voluntary carbon market
- Lead the coordination of the offering process in terms of resources, content and timeline
- Follow closely voluntary carbon markets and support the team in gathering market intelligence
- Attend exhibitions and other corporate events
- Analyse client needs and identify specific industry trends
- Support all business development processes
- Lead, manage, mentor and inspire several global and regional Climate Action Credits teams
- Build high-performing teams and efficient processes to continuously satisfy the needs of our clients while achieving South Pole’s profitability goals
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field
- At least 7 years experience in environmental markets, particularly in carbon markets
- Deep knowledge and expertise of carbon products and markets, preferably including project-based carbon standards, technologies and project development processes
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to structure and negotiate deals that are commercially sound and profitable for South Pole
- Recognised expertise in the field of carbon markets with a proven track record of supervising complex proposals and various teams
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to partner effectively with key internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership and strategic management experience with a willingness to grow a team, the ability to inspire action and get the best out of people
- Experience working with information management systems (CRM, accounting, databases, etc.)
- Comfortable operating globally in a fast-paced, high-growth international environment
- Demonstrated belief in and commitment to climate change mitigation and broader sustainability objectives
- Excellent written and oral command of English, other languages, especially Spanish, Italian, German and French are a plus
- Experience working on tenders and complex offers to clients is desirable
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.