South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Sourcing team works hand in hand with project owners and developers, active in the carbon markets and renewable energy space, to identify, negotiate and contract new emission reduction projects. By acquiring new projects within our portfolio, we ensure that South Pole always has the right mix of carbon credits available to meet the demands of our clients. If you’re an ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, this position may be right for you!
As part of the Global Sourcing team within the Projects & Markets business line, the Sourcing Manager will primarily focus on emission reduction project leads and opportunities in Germany, and potentially in the DACH region more broadly. Reporting to the Associate Director sourcing Europe, in this role, you will also support business development and project sourcing related activities primarily related to Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Use (AFOLU) projects.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Lead on project sourcing activities for Germany, and support in other European geographies, especially DACH region, as required
- Support European project sourcing operations activities for carbon credits and possibly other environmental market products offered by South Pole
- Ensure that sourcing flows and processes (including documentation and interaction with other teams) are in line with the company guidelines
- Manage and maintain global sourcing data in salesforce, ensuring that information regarding project leads and opportunities are well recorded and updated
- Support coordination and collaboration with other teams within the South Pole globally in regards to project leads and opportunities
- Support the Sourcing team for the European region in the efforts to source new project leads and opportunities in the region, and particularly in Germany and the DACH region
- Draft contracts and proposals
- Conduct research relevant to new project leads, project developers, project owners, relevant regulatory regimes/policies
- Collect data from Project Owners or other third parties for due diligence, financing plans and budgets, technical, financial and legal documentation
- Where relevant attend meetings/seminars/workshops/events that are strategic for sourcing team activities
- University degree in Economics, Environmental Sustainability, Business Development. Law and Environmental/Carbon Markets or similar
- At least 5 years professional work experience in the fields of carbon markets, environmental project assessment and/or, climate change mitigation actions
- Demonstrated People skills through experience in engaging with external stakeholders and networking activities
- Good commercial terms understanding and ideally experience with commercial negotiations
- Existing networks in sustainable technology fields such as Agriculture and Forestry
- Professional proficiency in German and English languages, other European languages are a plus
- Comfortable working with an international and multicultural team
- Proficiency with MS Office, especially MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and Google Suite
- Adaptability and versatility
- Knowledge on emission reduction and emissions removal project development in Germany, DACH and Europe - specifically in the field Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Use (AFOLU) projects
- Experience in emission reduction project screening and budgeting/financing
- Knowledge of carbon credits, standards and emission reduction project development
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.