South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Environmental Impact Accounting (EIA) Lead is to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality consultancy advice to regional clients on EIA with a focus on greenhouse gas (GHG) accounting and life cycle analysis (LCA) for the corporate sector. In this role, you will work closely with our business development team to attend to the regional market needs. You will be fully accountable for the development and overall management of EIA proposals and for the implementation of EIA projects, for which you will supervise project teams of varying sizes. You will provide technical guidance to the project teams and act as the main point of contact for the client. In addition, you will support the development of new products and solutions at South Pole to address sustainability challenges.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Manage and supervise consulting mandates throughout their entire project cycle: initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure.
- Plan and implement projects to ensure the most efficient and highest-quality implementation.
- Interact and build relationships with our regional clients and manage the timely delivery of mandates.
- Assess the relevance of EIA leads, provide technical support to the Key Account Management team and coordinate the project staffing needs.
- Develop proposals with the regional Key Account Management team to support business development activities for the company.
- Provide guidance on and technical leadership in the development of proposals for the corporate sector on EIA and in the implementation of the corresponding projects, as well as lead their technical review.
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole.
- Lead and directly manage small teams of consultants in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context.
- Support the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings; adapt them to the regional needs in coordination with the marketing and business development teams.
- The topics of engagement will focus on GHG Accounting and disclosure, Life Cycle Analysis, Plastics Footprint and Water Footprint. And ultimately, some projects might extend to additional corporate sustainability topics such as climate change mitigation, Science Based Targets (SBTs), materiality assessment and Net zero.
- University degree, ideally at a Master’s level or higher, in a sustainability-related field in Environmental Sciences or Engineering, Economics or other sustainability-related disciplines.
- Relevant knowledge of environmental sustainability challenges in multinational companies.
- 5+ years relevant work experience in sustainability consulting or related field.
- Specific consultancy experience for corporate clients in GHG accounting in line with best practice methodologies, LCA / Scope 3 emissions accounting.
- Excellent project management skills, from both a technical and administrative standpoint, and proven ability to guide project teams in a multi-stakeholder and multi-geographies context
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.