South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The goal of the Business Development Manager is to grow South Pole’s business in APAC region. You will build strong long-term relationships with new clients as well as build South Pole’s market position in APAC region. You will contribute to the definition and implementation of the go-to-market strategy in your region and provide inputs for product and service development. You will provide commercial guidance to the junior sales team and supervise them in client meetings. You will develop tailor-made solutions, in close collaboration with other teams such as marketing, consultancy and portfolio management, to help clients to manage their risks and seize opportunities associated with climate change. In addition, you will also contribute to growing existing accounts though up- and cross-selling of our products and solutions.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Proactively lead all aspects of regional business development activities
- Provide critical inputs to the Regional Director to help defining the regional go-to-market strategy and develop local sales strategies
- Understand client needs and develop tailored solutions
- Build a target list of high value prospects for South Pole within your region and pursue them with determination and perseverance
- Develop compelling offers and proposals together with our product experts and consultants
- Lead negotiations and conclude commercial agreements with clients
- Build long term relationships with new and existing clients by ensuring high-quality services
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, at conferences and virtual events
- Identify market trends and provide inputs for product & service development
- Instill pride in the South Pole brand, inspire & motivate clients to take the next step in their climate journey
- Develop and improve specialised skills and knowledge linked to topics and services offered by South Pole
- Support the development of South Pole’s thought leadership, services, products, marketing materials and offerings; adapt them to the regional needs in coordination with the marketing team
- University degree in Sustainability and/or Business related discipline
- At least 7 years of proven work experience in the field of sustainability (renewable energy or carbon markets), corporate responsibility, sustainable development and/or climate change in client-facing roles
- Excellent business development experience with a track record in meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Sound understanding of the business drivers behind corporate climate actions and initiatives (eg SBT, RE100, carbon neutrality) and the ability to formulate a business case
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
- Strong drive for results, action-oriented, with self-direction and sense of urgency
- Ability to challenge the status quo and think out of the box
- Industry-relevant connections, with a network of potential clients, collaborators and other relevant stakeholders
- Demonstrable commercial skills and good business sense so as to be able to identify and seize opportunities in a challenging and competitive market environment
- Critical thinking and decision-making skills within strong business and commercial acumen
- Ability to successfully navigate complexity and effectively deal with ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent English skills, any local language is preferable
- Entrepreneurial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.