South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Sales & Business Development team works hand in hand with our clients to help them identify the right products and solutions to address their sustainability challenges. Whether they are corporate clients or public institutions, whether they are looking to offset their carbon emissions or to engage in a comprehensive sustainability journey, we have a solution that will generate a lasting impact and take them a step further in their social ambitions. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this role you will be responsible for building and managing a portfolio of clients. Leveraging your contacts and networking opportunities you will build a new client base. You will proactively build a pipeline of new clients and manage the relationship with existing clients, understand their needs and develop tailor-made solutions with the support of senior business development managers.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Be the main point of contact for a portfolio of existing clients and build trusted relationships
- Ensure client satisfaction by maintaining the high-quality standard of our services and anticipating their expectations
- Manage proactively the client relationships and position South Pole as their preferred partner for sustainability solutions
- Understand client needs and their stakeholder environment to identify further business development opportunities
- Support business development and be involved in writing compelling proposals and contract preparation
- Participate in targeted client communication and joint marketing activities
- Represent South Pole in client meetings, sites visits, at conferences and trade shows
- Contribute to the sustainable commercial success of the team and the company
- Share proactively know-how and market feedback within the company
- University degree in Economics, Business Administration, International Business/Relations, Environmental Science, Agronomy or similar
- Has 3 - 6 years of proven experience in the field of sustainability, corporate responsibility, climate change or renewable energy in a client facing role where you have consistently exceeded expectations
- Entrepreneurial and commercial mindset, sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
- Distinct analytical and conceptual abilities, know-how of relevant sales software (CRM) and techniques
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Extremely good communication skills, efficient with words, and understands how to use appropriate communication styles for relevant channels
- Highly efficient and organised, a do-er and a yes person, independently minded and a problem solver, who is willing to lend their hand to any task to support their development and that of their team
- A high-energy team member who remains calm and diplomatic under pressure.
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.