South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Project Development team is at the forefront of developing and managing climate mitigation activities. By working closely with project owners and developers as well as their local communities, we manage the complete registration, verification and evaluation of carbon projects to enable the issuance of emission-reduction certificates, in line with official carbon standards. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a part of the Project Development Team, you will be responsible for assisting team members in developing carbon projects in renewable energy and other related sectors. You will participate in business rounds, technical sessions, site visits, and other relevant events. If you are an enthusiastic and dynamic person with relevant academic background and are passionate to contribute to the fight against climate change, then we are looking for you!
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Support in development of project description documents, monitoring reports and relevant documents under international carbon standards
- Support in data collection / research / analysis
- Support SE Asia Project Development team
- Undergraduate (final 3-4 semesters) or B.SC, or M.SC in Engineering, Environmental Science, Sustainability or related disciplines
- Ability to work on assignments that are diverse in nature, applying company policies, processes and procedures to resolve a variety of issues/problems.
- Good communication skills, especially verbal and written skills in English
- Ability to manage targets and priorities and develop own goals
- Indonesia / Thai
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.