South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The purpose of this role is to lead and manage the delivery of recruitment globally for your business line. Interfacing with your key stakeholders, you will be responsible for ensuring that headcount planning is converted into headcount delivery by putting structure in place, coordinating regional resources and optimising sourcing channels. This is a ‘hands on’ delivery role with the opportunity to be involved in project work, team leadership and the ability to use your experience to make a genuine difference to the recruitment function of a global purpose driven organisation.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Manage and coordinate global delivery of recruitment for an entire business line
- Build strong and trusted relationships with global stakeholders underpinned by delivery
- Solve complex challenges with process, sourcing channels, selection and assessment by providing options, working with your client group and implementing solutions
- Drive end to end recruitment life cycle to ensure timely delivery on vacancies according to South Pole’s high quality and ethical standards
- Liaising with the client stakeholders to understand the client needs, deliverables and plan the sourcing strategy
- Formulate and execute sourcing strategies for global vacancies
- Proactive Sourcing and networking of sustainability and climate change talent
- Support the Head of Recruitment with global projects that will enhance our global recruitment capabilities
- Supporting the global HR team on other talent-related projects and initiatives
- University degree in HR, Business Administration, sustainability, or equivalent
- Experience in recruitment from a combination of 'in house' and RPO/agency
- Team leadership or management experience
- Experience using data to inform business decisions with your key stakeholders, including hiring teams, HRBP’s and peers within the COE
- Consultative stakeholder management and relationship building experience
- Excellent communication skills as well as strong attention to detail
- A ‘people person’ with the ability to build relationships with ease
- Curious, inquisitive and comfortable with changing circumstances
- Passion for environmental issues and understanding of sustainability, CSR and related topics
- Excellent oral and written skills in English, other European languages would be of advantage
- Experience of the sustainability and/or environmental sectors
- Experience of working in a fast paced high growth environment
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.