South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Digital & Data Science team helps our clients and South Pole design and execute the most ambitious and scalable climate impact initiatives whilst reducing the administrative effort to zero. Our unique track record of running projects across the globe and delivering verified, high quality carbon credits provides us with valuable data we can leverage to identify new, high impact initiatives. We help companies on a day-to-day basis to drive their carbon neutral strategies with their customers, suppliers and their employees through analytics and sustainability software solutions. If you have the skills, ambition and drive to use the best of digital and AI to protect ecosystems, restore forests, drive sustainable agriculture, and enable climate zero journeys across the globe then please apply or register your interest now!
As part of the Digital Innovation team, you will drive ongoing development, improvement and integration of artificial intelligence into our digital Monitoring, Reporting and Verification (MRV) and forecasting processes and other software services. With strict requirements for the accuracy and scalability of our models, you will design AI pipelines that support effective integration and deployment of the latest remote sensing technologies and models to scale digital MRV for global nature based solutions. In addition you will contribute to the development of other Climate Solutions that we deploy to help our clients decarbonize their supply chains.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Build, deploy and maintain models for remote sensing based analysis and forecasting of forestry and regenerative agriculture projects
- Help design and implement a scalable architecture for the deployment, monitoring and testing of our models
- Drive the continuous improvement of accuracy and transparency of our models in support of improved acceptance by clients and standard bodies.
- Support development of our digital innovations from proof-of-concepts to scalable software including outstanding visualisations to deliver actionable insights
- Contribution to the development of team members and colleagues in the latest technologies and applications of AI in Sustainability
- Pursue sustainable AI by optimizing the training and deployment of AI for energy efficiency.
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Natural Sciences or similar.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence or similar
- Work experience applying AI to practical and comprehensive technology solutions, natural resource management, environmental sciences/management and remote sensing.
- Proven experience with deep learning, Tensorflow, Python, C++, REST API development, RDBMS design and optimizations, SQL, machine learning algorithms and tools, Google app maker and Azure are desirable.
- Strong analytical skills with up-to-date knowledge of Machine Learning and AI
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills to partner effectively with key internal stakeholders from our different practices and business lines
- Business acumen leading to effectively translating business opportunities into tangible models and suggest useable predictions and insights improving our business and that of our customers
- Good presentation skills with the ability to present highly technical topics with a non-technical audience
- Experience in or passion for environmental issues and understanding of sustainability, CSR and related topics
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.