South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
In this role you will be part of our Portfolio Management team, responsible for supporting and directly developing business for the sales of carbon credits for the voluntary market. You will work in coordination with Procurement, Project Development, and Marketing teams to draft proposals for Business Development and Key Account Managers in order to meet the Corporate Social Responsibilities (CSR) needs of South Pole’s leads and clients.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Business Development and Key Account Management team to introduce our offering to potential clients
- Support the design and drafting of written proposals for the voluntary carbon market
- Support the coordination of the offering process in terms of resources, content and timeline
- Follow closely voluntary carbon markets and support the team in gathering market intelligence
- Attend exhibitions and other corporate events
- Analyse client needs and identify specific industry trends
- Support al business development processes
- A University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Environmental Management, Sustainability) or a broader field with evidence of a focus on environmental or sustainability issues (e.g. Engineering, Business/Management/Finance) is preferred
- 1-2 years experience in environmental markets, particularly in carbon markets
- A good understanding of carbon products and markets, preferably including project-based carbon standards, technologies and project development processes
- Excellent analytical skills including high level of numeracy, competency with Excel and, as an advantage, financial literacy
- Experience working with information management systems (CRM, accounting, databases, etc.)
- Experience working on tenders and complex offers to clients is desirable
- Experience working in international teams is desirable
- Demonstrated belief in and commitment to climate change mitigation and broader sustainability objectives
- Excellent written and oral command of English, other languages, especially Spanish, Italian, German and French are a plus
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.