South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Corporate Functions team is the “enablement engine” of South Pole. Behind the scenes, we provide the business with world-class solutions and best practices that sustain business growth and success. We cover key areas such as Finance, HR, Office Management, Legal, IT, Operations, etc. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
Reporting to the Director of Global Communications, the Head of Client Communications is responsible for working directly with clients to provide tailored external communications advice, with a focus on Europe. You will have an excellent understanding of both client communications practices as well as sustainability, in particular climate change, climate finance and carbon markets. You will implement the last phase of the client’s Climate Journey - Communicate and Lead - by helping corporate and government clients create and disseminate an outreach/communications strategy that includes messaging according to client needs and in line with South Pole standards. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with high visibility and high value clients, some with offices around the world, to help communicate their sustainability achievements.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Provide tailored communications advice directly to South Pole clients, using strategic and high impact communications assets to ensure that clients’ key messages are delivered in a clear, concise, engaging, and inspiring way.
- Ensure that communication advice is scientifically correct and consistent with South Pole standards and messaging, with a high degree of nuance regarding complex climate change and carbon market topics.
- Respond to clients’ requests for communications support. This may involve both presenting communications strategies as well as writing and/or reviewing content for media and event launches, including press releases, social media, websites, and other communications assets used by clients, related to South Pole sustainability services and support for clients.
- Work collaboratively with Key Account Managers and the communications and marketing teams. Support the Director of Global Communications as needed.
Build strong relationships with South Pole’s clients over time by ensuring high quality communication support.
- University degree in communications, journalism, climate change, or other relevant field
- Approximately 10 years of relevant work experience in fields related to internal/external communications, journalism, editing, marketing, or similar
- A proven track record of creating tailored communications products or advice for private sector clients
- A very strong and up-to-date knowledge of climate change, carbon markets, and sustainability topics, with several years of experience in this field
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to listen and respond to client input
- Excellent writing skills and attention to detail, along with the ability to create and deliver engaging presentations to all audiences
- Proven knowledge of creating and disseminating content for social media and web applications
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills, with a proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, growing global organization
- Fluent in oral and written English, as well as ideally fluency in German
- Passion for working with climate and sustainability topics
- Other European languages (French, Spanish, etc.) are a plus
- Experience in consultancy services
- Experience with Google Workspace
- Willingness for occasional travel
- Experience working in an international and multicultural context
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make and South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.