South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Portfolio Management team oversees and develops business for the sale and trading of carbon credits and Renewable Energy Certificates (RECs). By working collaboratively with both our internal Sales and Projects teams, we play a crucial role in balancing the demand and supply of certificates, in order to best match the needs of our clients with our sourcing capabilities. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
As a Junior Registry Specialist, you will be working within our Registries team and your responsibilities will extend to all registry-related activities, such as ensuring efficient and accurate delivery of carbon credits and RECs to our broad base of clients, and coordinating with our Project Development team for project compliance, registration and issuance. You will also be supporting the registries team with database analysis and automation processes through our internal management tool.
Main tasks and responsibilities
Registry & process management (70%)
- Ensure client satisfaction by executing timely, accurate and efficient carbon credit and REC deliveries
- Management of carbon credit and REC inventories in international certificate trading registries and in the company’s internal tracking tool
- Ensure effective and efficient coordination with sales managers, technical implementation teams and accounting
- Contribute to internal certificate management process development and improvement
- Actively track regulatory changes and advise project managers of the requirement for worldwide compliance as needed
- Coordinating with a highly international team across different time zones
Data management & Automation Role (30%)
- Data maintenance and regular reconciliations of our registry accounts
- Explore and suggest new tools and methods to achieve maximal efficiency in data management
Essential skills and experience:
- A university degree, ideally in Business Administration, Environmental Sciences, Sustainability or related disciplines
- Knowledge in statistical analysis platforms (Python, R for Data Science, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, with abilities in data processing and merging (CSV files, excel, google sheets)
- Excellent written and oral command in English
- Good communication and collaboration skills with team members and other relevant stakeholders across different time zones
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good prioritisation and time management skills
- An interest in environmental and climate change-related topics and sustainability standards
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience working within carbon markets and sustainability sector
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced international environment
- Strong sense of responsibility and willingness to take initiative
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.